Dear AMA

9:46:00 AM Natalie S 0 Comments

Dear AMA Fam,

This year has been prime or in John's words, best case. You have all become such a huge part of my life. I wish to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for such a fantastic year. Listen, you're my fam for life.



I have had a whirlwind of a year. I learned one of the biggest lessons this year; I am not a born leader. I am okay with that. Starting the year out as case director was hard. I went through nights of anxiety attacks, break downs, hair pulling out, you name it, it probably happened. With the amazing support from Ashley, Therese, and a few others I pulled myself from the position to better myself. Some times its okay to be selfish. Thank you for letting me use this year as a year to find myself and try things that pushed me to the limit and beyond.



It got 1000 times better from there. From the beginning of the year we were a family and with every event we became closer and closer. With the year coming to an end it is becoming harder and harder to say goodbye. I am flooded with so many wonderful memories from the past year. When asked at the last AMA meeting what our best AMA memory was, I couldn't choose one. I could have listed them all.

Some of my personal favorites are:
Volunteering at the Food Trucks
NOLA - Every. Single. Moment.
Any time this group got together is a favorite moment of mine




The only regret I have with AMA is not joining it from the beginning. Being involved with this organization for only 2 years is not long enough. Since I have had such an unbelievable time with the collegiate level I have thought about seeing what it is like to be involved at the regional level. I know this is something you're probably trying to do already, but some advice for next year, get those freshmen to join. Make them a part of the family.


I am so glad that as a family we were able to grow and experience things on a personal and professional level. Remember we are a professional organization first, social second. :)


So thank you, AMA Fam, for being the best part of my college career.


"So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money when we look back now will our jokes still be funny? Will we still remember everything we learned in school? ... I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye. Keep on thinking it's a time to fly and this is how it feels. As we go on we remember all the times we had together. And as our lives change, come whatever, we will still be friends forever."

P.S. I know my sass is a lot to handle. I can come off as harsh, mean, salty, etc. Do not take that as a personal shot. Do not think for one moment that I don't appreciate you. I do, I appreciate each and every one of you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: